Atom Apps LLC /AtomApplications.com LLC is committed to protecting its users’ (“you”, “your” or “user”) privacy. This policy
browser extensions (“Extensions”), websites, softwares, mobile and desktop applications, or (collectively
the “Services”) owned by Atom Apps LLC /AtomApplications.com LLC (“us”, “we” or “our”).
Due to constant changes in technology and business practices, we tend to update or modify this policy in order to remain compliant with applicable law(s) or in order to have improved experience for our users. You will be notified on our Service if there is a change in policy that might adversely impact your privacy, and where required by law, we may take your prior consent. We encourage you to review the policy in a timely manner in order to stay informed about any update in data collection and processing practices.
- A. Information provided by you - We collect information provided by you when you reach out to our support or share feedback about your experience while using our Services. The information we collect under this section may differ on the basis of the nature of your interaction with us in the form of information shared or disclosed to us, but may include personal information including your name, email address, and any other information such as the content of your message or email that you choose to share with us, without permission. This information collected shall only be used to respond to your enquiry, address feedback, or otherwise communicate with you and shall not be shared with any third party without your prior consent. When you use our service in the form of Extensions, you may have an option to save your preferences and frequently accessed features, depending on the nature of Extensions being used, for example, your preferred locations to navigate through maps quickly, preferred news category and news providers to view news articles of your preference, save articles which you can read later, your package tracking number. In case you choose to keep your preferences saved, please be informed that any information related to such preferences will be stored locally on your browser and not on our servers. We do not store, process and/or have access to such information. By deleting the information saved on one’s browser, you may delete the saved information, if you wish to do so.
b. Information collected through the use of technology: From the time you visit, install, and/or use our Services, we use technologies such as pixels, cookies, web beacons, or other similar technologies to collect user information. This information collected includes but is not limited to your IP address, usage information, operating system (OS) version and type, software version, device configuration & identifiers, geolocation derived from your IP address, user device type, screen resolution and size, browser language, traffic source, ISP, anonymous user identifiers, search queries, the time & date of such searches, user configuration and settings for the Services.
As per the provisions of California Consumer Privacy Act, the information collected by us can be categorized as follows:
- Identifiers:This category accounts for the personal information that can be used to identify a user such as your name, email address and internet protocol (IP) address.
- Geolocation data:This category accounts for information about the location of your device. This information collected under this is derived from your IP address.
- Internet or other similar network activities:This category accounts for information that enables us to know more about your interaction with the Services and includes, without limitation, interaction data such as impressions and clicks on the Services, your browser name & version, device type, user agent, referring URL, operating system & version
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To provide certain features of the Services including the interactive features offered by the Services
- To analyze data related to the use of the Services and generate internal reports
- To prevent, identify and address any technical issues
- To inspect and thwart any fraudulent activities and traffic on the Services
- To respond to user queries and suggestions and to address complaints
- To conduct research and development to maintain, improvise and upgrade the Services and enhance the user experience
- To track and monitor the usage of our Services and measure your interest in the Services
- To serve relevant content and advertisements based on your preferences
- To comply with our internal & external audit requirements as well as our contractual & legal obligations
- To defend ourselves against any third-party legal claims
- To exercise our rights and enforce this Policy and the Terms and Conditions
The information collected on our end may be disclosed for the following purposes:
- B. To fulfill our transactional obligations - In case of business transactions such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of asset, bankruptcy or any other transaction, we may be required to disclose or transfer your information that has been collected to the respective involved another party.
- C. To fulfill our legal obligations-- In order to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims we may pass on your personal data to law enforcement agencies, where such disclosure is necessary in order to be compliant with a legal obligation, prevent fraudulent activities or protect vital interests of any natural person.
Information Retention and Deletion:
Any information collected on or through the Services stays with us only for as long as it’s necessary for the purposes mentioned in the above section - ‘Information Processing’. Any information that we store is laid off once it is no longer needed or upon receiving an explicit written request from you, as and where applicable.
The security of your information collected seriously and ensures that reasonable and appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures are being implemented and maintained in order to prevent any unauthorized access, change, loss, misuse, or destruction of your information collected by us and to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information. We have complete protection of your information even in the transition stage, we encrypt any information transmitted to or from our web servers using the Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") software. However, we cannot ensure 100% security of your information when it is being transmitted to or from our web servers via the internet, due to the inherent risk involved in the transmission of information over the internet.
Transfer of Information
The storage and processing of the personal information collected is in the country where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain the servers. By using the Services or sharing your personal information with us, you agree to the overseas transfer of your information. You also acknowledge that the data protection laws of such a country may vary from the data protection laws of your country.
In order to improve the Services, serve personalized content & advertisements, and enhance your experience, we use tracking technologies including cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to gather and analyze information about your use of the Services.
For sending information from a website to the browser, a small file of information called cookie is used which can then be stored on your computer's hard drive and can be accessed by our web server. We can retrieve the cookie information and use it to customize the Services accordingly.
Types of Cookies we use:
When you access or otherwise use the Services, we may place the following types of session cookies (these cookies expire at the end of your browsing session, when the web browser is closed) on your browser.
- Analytical/Tracking Cookies-These cookies are specifically designed to determine the usage of our Services. The information collected through these cookies are then used to get a better understanding of how our users engage with the Services, to improve the features and offer a better user experience.
- Functionality Cookies-These cookies are designed for us to remember your preferences and the choices you make while using the Services, so that we can improve your personalized experience.
- Essential Cookies-These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Services, such as enabling the users to navigate the web pages.
Please note that any kind of cookies do not contain any information that can be used to personally identify a user, however, the information collected through cookies can be linked to other personal information held by us to identify a user.
To have complete access to features of the services, one should not block or disable our cookies. If you choose to do so then be mindful of the fact that some parts or features of the Services will not function fully.
For more information on how to control your cookie settings and browser settings, or how to delete cookies, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/.
Web-Beacons are electron images that are integrated on the services to collect a limited set of information like the time and date of a page view, a cookie number, and a description of the page on which the web beacon is present. Web beacons enable us to count the number of users who visit the Services.
Tracking Technologies placed by Third Parties:
We may use third-party services which may place tracking technologies, including cookies, on your browser to collect information around your use of the Services. Third-party services are used for internal analysis of the performance of our Services and related purposes and to facilitate certain features offered on the Services.The cookies integrated by such third parties may be stored on your browser temporarily, for the duration of your browsing session, or permanently, until its set expiry date or until deleted by you before its expiry date, and shall include, without limitation, Analytical/Tracking and Advertising/Marketing cookies. We would like to inform you that we do not review, monitor or in any other way control the information collected and processed by such third-party service providers and shall not be held responsible or liable for their privacy practices. For further information on third-party service providers and their use of tracking technologies, please read section ‘Third-Party Links and Services’ below.
‘Do Not Track’ notifications
To protect user information certain browsers have automatically integrated a "Do Not Track" (DNT) feature that enables users to restrict the tracking technologies deployed by websites. These browsers send signals to websites to restrict tracking of users. Please note that currently, our servers do not respond to such signals sent by any browser.
Third-Party Links and Services
We have no control over third-party websites, their products, content, and any other services that we use in our Service and contain links for such third-party websites. All third-party links and content on or through the Services are offered solely for your reference and convenience. You may access such third-party content and websites at your own risk. We claim no endorsements by or affiliation with such third parties. We encourage you to read their Policy and Terms and Conditions to understand their business and privacy practices. We shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your use of such third-party websites, products, or any other services.
Third Party Services:
We may employ third-party tools or service providers (“Analytical Service Providers”) to monitor and analyze the use of the Services. Analytical Service Providers place their own tracking technologies on the Services to gather information related to your use of the Services. Links to the privacy policies of our Analytical Service providers are given below and we encourage that you to read and understand their policies to know about their data collection and processing policies:
With the help of third-party service providers we offer certain features on the Services. Please be mindful that any third-party service providers may place their own tracking technologies on the Services for data collection and processing of information including, but not limited to, your use of the Services, device information, browsing activities, etc. Please be informed that we do not exercise any kind of control, management, or otherwise administration of the collection and processing of your information by such Analytical Service Providers and other third-party service providers and shall not be held liable for their privacy practices.
California User Rights
- A. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
You have the choice to exercise the following rights available under the CCPA if you are a California resident.
Right to Access data collected: You have the right to request that we inform you about our access and use of your personal information via one of the methods given below. Once we receive a request, which shall have to be verified via additional details provided by you, we shall provide you with the following details:
- Categories and specific pieces of personal information that we collect
- Categories of sources from where we collected this personal information
- Our purposes for using the personal information collected by us
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information
- Categories of information that we sell or disclose to third parties
- Right to opt-out of the sharing of personal data: You have the right to direct us to not “share” as your personal information to any third party. If we sell your personal information, we shall cease to do so upon receipt of your request. Please place your request with us via either of the following two methods of communication: CCPA Form or emailing us at the address given below.
Right to deletion of personal information: Subject to certain exceptions
provided below, you can request us to delete your personal information and we shall honor this request, to the
extent required by law.
- Complete the transaction for which the personal data was collected, provide goods or services requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between the two parties
- Protect against malicious, deceptive, illegal, or fraudulent activity; detect security incidents; or prosecute anyone responsible for that activity
- Debug to find and repair errors that impair the intended, existing functionality
- Exercise the right of free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that right, or exercise any other right provided for by law.
- Act in accordance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (that begins with Section 1546) Title 12, Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed historical, statistical, or scientific research in the public interest that adheres to privacy laws and all other applicable ethics, when the deletion of the information by us, is likely to drastically impair or render impossible the achievement of such research if you have provided informed consent.
- To enable exclusively internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us with regards to the Services.
- Comply with any legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal data in a lawful manner internally, that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to equal treatment: We assure you that your choice to exercise your rights under CCPA, will not impact your access to or use of the Services in any way and that you shall be treated without any discrimination. You may exercise your rights yourself or through the use of an authorized person registered with the California Secretary of State. We will honor your requests within 45 days from the date of receipt of such a request. If due to any reason we are unable to process the information within these timelines, we will inform you in writing and honor the request no later than 90 days from the date of original request. Please note that we are only obligated to comply with two requests made in a 12-month period.
Designated methods to exercise rights under CCPA:
Email: [email protected]
- Right to Access data collected: You have the right to request that we inform you about our access and use of your personal information via one of the methods given below. Once we receive a request, which shall have to be verified via additional details provided by you, we shall provide you with the following details:
B. Shine the Light
As per Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, California residents have the right to receive information about third parties with whom information about them or their family is shared, for the purpose of direct marketing, during the preceding twelve (12) months. They also have the right to request a description of the type and categories of personal information shared with such third parties. If you are a California resident, you may ask for this information by contacting us at the email address provided below. Please note that each year, we are only required to respond to one request per customer, and that we are not bound to respond to any requests made by means other than through the email address shared below.
C. California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
Nevada User Rights
Nevada law (SB 220) provides Nevada residents with certain rights pertaining to the sale of covered information (i.e. exchange of information by the operator, for a monetary consideration, to a person for the person to further sell or license the covered information to additional persons), as defined under the said law. If you are a Nevada resident, you can exercise your rights by writing to us at the email address provided below. To the extent we sell your covered information, we will do our best to process your verifiable request within 60 days of receiving it. In case we need more time to process your request, we may extend the said timeline by an additional 30 days.
Virginia User Rights
Virginia residents are encouraged to review the following section to understand their rights as outlined in the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA). These rights include:
- The right to know how your personal data is being processed,
- The right to access to your personal data,
- The ability to correct any inaccuracies of user data,
- The option to opt out of targeted advertising or profiling,
- The right to have your personal data deleted.
To ensure the request is verifiable, it must include information that allows us to confirm your identity and a detailed description of the request. Requests can only be made by you or by someone registered with the Virginia Secretary of State to act on your behalf, and may only be made twice within a 12-month period. We will use the information in the verifiable request solely to verify your identity and process your request. No account creation is necessary to submit a request. We strive to respond to all verifiable requests within 45 days, but if an extension is necessary, we will inform you in writing.
In case we refuse a request, you have the right to appeal under the VCDPA. If you wish to file an appeal, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Appeal”. We aim to respond to all verifiable appeals within 60 days.
EU/UK User Rights
- Right to access- You may contact us to confirm if we are collecting and processing your personal information. If we do collect and process your personal information, we will shall provide you with a list of the categories of such personal information that are collected and processed, the reasons for processing, the categories of third parties with whom personal information has been or will be shared and the estimated time we shall be holding the information for or criteria to determine that period.
- Right to withdraw consent-You may withdraw your consent to the collection and processing of your personal information at your convenience by writing to us at the email address provided below. However, if you choose to withdraw your consent you may not be able to avail of certain features of our Services.
- Right to rectification –If you believe that the personal information stored with us is incorrect or incomplete you may request the rectification or completion of your personal information.
- Right to data portability-You have the right to receive your personal information from us in an organized, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit that information to a third party, should you so require.
- Right to restrict processing -In the following cases, you have the right to
restrict the ways in which your personal information can be used
- In case you contest the accuracy of your personal information held by us.
- In case processing of your information is unlawful, however, you choose to restrict the use of your personal information as opposed to requesting for its erasure.
- In case we may no longer require your personal information for the purpose of processing, but you require such information for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims; and
- In case you have objected to processing, however, your objection is pending verification by us to ascertain if our grounds to process your personal data override your objection.
- Right to object - You have the right to restrict us from processing your personal information, if such an objection is based on (a) an activity or task performed by us to execute public interest or in exercise of the official authority vested in us; (b) the legitimate interests pursued by us or by any third party, excluding cases where your fundamental rights or interests, which require the protection of your personal information, disregard such interests; or (c) processing of your personal information to collect profiling data for direct marketing purposes. Where you object to such processing, we will stop processing your personal information unless (i) we can show legitimate grounds for such processing which override your rights, interests, and freedoms; or (ii) the processing of your information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to erasure-You have the right to have your personal information that we collect and process, erased from our systems, without undue delay, if: (a) your personal information is no longer required for the related purposes, (b) we have processed your personal information unlawfully or; (c) if you object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Further, you also have the right to request for erasure of such personal information if you choose to withdraw consent or object to our collection and processing of your personal information as meant above. However, we reserve the right to deny your request for erasure if we have a legitimate ground to not erase the personal information. To exercise your rights, please contact us at the email address given below. Note that we have one (1) month to respond to your request.
We do not solicit or knowingly collect any information from children of or under the age of 13. If you think that we have gathered personal information from a child who is 13 or under unintentionally, please write to us at the email address provided below.
Changes to this policy may occur periodically, and we reserve the right to update it by publishing a new version on our website. We recommend that you visit this page occasionally to review any modifications to the policy and ensure that you are comfortable with them.
For any of your queries and concerns regarding this Agreement or our services, you may reach out to us at <[email protected]>.
584 Castro St #2235
San Francisco, CA 94114-2512.